Central AC units have particular standards in the market these days. Besides keeping your home cool, they also dehumidifies and filters the air you breathe around your home. Get more options here!
Central air conditioning systems make use of ducts in supplying the dehumidified and cooled air to several rooms in the house. Before deciding if central AC is right for your home, you should first determine which parts of the home you need the system.
Make sure to choose the right central air conditioning system for your home with the help from the following guideline:
1. Consider the size of the AC unit because the correct size should match the cooling power for your home. You could ask a contractor to provide you with a load calculation to ensure that you take proper account of the size of your home, insulation levels, window area and other important factors.
2. Consider the positioning of the unit to be installed since it can greatly affect the affectivity. If there is a lot of interference in this area, chances are their will not be enough air to flow freely.
3. It should be equipped with TEV/TXV, or thermostatic expansion valve. This valve controls the refrigerant flow throughout the unit.
4. It should have high SEER or seasonal energy efficiency ratio rating. While they could cost you more, they would be truly beneficial in the end, since it allows you to save energy to produce coolness. The SEER rating should be between 18 to 23.
5. Consider the compressor of the unit since it is the most expensive part of the air conditioner. It should have scroll and reciprocating compressors. The best central AC unit should be equipped with scroll compressors that are resistant to liquid refrigerants since liquid refrigerants could cause damage to it. Read additional tips from http://www.consumerreports.org/central-air-conditioning/how-to-maintain-central-air-conditioning-units/
6. Check out the moisture ability of the central air conditioning unit. This is important since your comfort will depend on controlling the humidity and keeping the place cool. Since most central air …